AUTHOR: Abraham Silberschatz; Peter B. Galvin; Greg Gagne
ISBN-10: 1118063333; ISBN-13: 978-1118063330
Operating System Concepts, now inits ninth edition, continues to provide a solidtheoretical foundation for understanding operatingsystems. The ninth edition has been thoroughly updated toinclude contemporary examples of how operating systems function.The text includes content to bridge the gap between concepts andactual implementations. End-of-chapter problems, exercises, reviewquestions, and programming exercises help to further reinforceimportant concepts. A new Virtual Machine providesinteractive exercises to help engage students with thematerial.
From the Back Cover
STAY CURRENT WITH THE EVER-CHANGING FIELD OF OPERATING SYSTEMS!
This new Ninth Edition of Silberschatz, Galvin, and Gagne's Operating System Concepts introduces the fundamental concepts of the field as well as cutting edge developments to give students a broad understanding of the fast-developing world of operating systems.
Changes in the new edition were guided by recent growth in three key areas that have affected operating systems: multicore systems, mobile computing, and virtualization. Relevant coverage of these topics has been integrated throughout this new edition, or in the case of virtualization, comprises an entirely new chapter. Additionally, nearly every chapter has been updated with new material and older material has been removed.
New to this edition:
Substantive organizational changes including:
- Real-time systems integrated as appropriate throughout the text instead of concentrated in a single chapter.
- Re-ordered chapters on storage management.
- Presentation of process synchronization now appears before process scheduling.
* New Chapter 16, Virtual Machines, provides an overview of virtualization and how it relates to contemporary operating systems.
* New Chapter 17, Distributed Systems, combines a selection of materials from previous Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
* The Linux Systems chapter has been updated to cover the Linux Kernel version 3.0
* A new Linux virtual machine including Linux source code is provided on the supporting web site. This virtual machine also includes a development environment with compilers and editors. Most of the programming assignments can be completed using this virtual machine.
* Over 60 new written exercises and over 20 new programming problems and projects, most involving processes, threads, process synchronization, and memory management. Some involve adding kernel modules to the Linux system.
The Ninth Edition of this respected text continues to present students with real-world operating systems to illustrate fundamental operating concepts. Students are able to bridge the gap between concepts and actual implementations by learning a solid theoretical foundation of operating systems.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
Companies provide employee's loans for SSS and Pagibig member, Bank loan, Company salary loan or cash advance etc. Pinoy Web Application create a flexible loan data entry module that can connect to payroll process to deduct the total amount due for every pay period that set automatic to their salary, until they reach the total loan amount or zero balance. read more »
List of application module that currently available in Online HRMS & Payroll System to be used by designated user assigned by Web Administrator. read more »
Payroll processing performs many tasks to ensure accurate deduction of tax, loans & mandatory contribution of SSS, Philhealth, Pagibig and others deduction. Pinoy Web Application designed for automation of process to avoid padding of time or eliminate fraud most of all the payroll output in a minutes. read more »
Preparation of Annual Income Tax Return for all employee's BIR Form 2316 in manual process are so complicated and can caused a human errors in also take a lot of time to finished. read more »
Using DTR Biometric Finger Scanner application system time-in/time-out we create module process to generate Timesheet for every employee. Before generating employee timesheet cut-off date make it sure that all pending approval of leave & overtime covered on that payroll cut-off date that filed by the employee’s should be approved by designated department. The report monitoring status of Leave & Overtime will help you to identify head department with pending approval to prompt them to approve. read more »