AUTHOR: Abraham Silberschatz; Peter B. Galvin; Greg Gagne
ISBN-10: 1118063333; ISBN-13: 978-1118063330
Operating System Concepts, now inits ninth edition, continues to provide a solidtheoretical foundation for understanding operatingsystems. The ninth edition has been thoroughly updated toinclude contemporary examples of how operating systems function.The text includes content to bridge the gap between concepts andactual implementations. End-of-chapter problems, exercises, reviewquestions, and programming exercises help to further reinforceimportant concepts. A new Virtual Machine providesinteractive exercises to help engage students with thematerial.
From the Back Cover
STAY CURRENT WITH THE EVER-CHANGING FIELD OF OPERATING SYSTEMS!
This new Ninth Edition of Silberschatz, Galvin, and Gagne's Operating System Concepts introduces the fundamental concepts of the field as well as cutting edge developments to give students a broad understanding of the fast-developing world of operating systems.
Changes in the new edition were guided by recent growth in three key areas that have affected operating systems: multicore systems, mobile computing, and virtualization. Relevant coverage of these topics has been integrated throughout this new edition, or in the case of virtualization, comprises an entirely new chapter. Additionally, nearly every chapter has been updated with new material and older material has been removed.
New to this edition:
Substantive organizational changes including:
- Real-time systems integrated as appropriate throughout the text instead of concentrated in a single chapter.
- Re-ordered chapters on storage management.
- Presentation of process synchronization now appears before process scheduling.
* New Chapter 16, Virtual Machines, provides an overview of virtualization and how it relates to contemporary operating systems.
* New Chapter 17, Distributed Systems, combines a selection of materials from previous Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
* The Linux Systems chapter has been updated to cover the Linux Kernel version 3.0
* A new Linux virtual machine including Linux source code is provided on the supporting web site. This virtual machine also includes a development environment with compilers and editors. Most of the programming assignments can be completed using this virtual machine.
* Over 60 new written exercises and over 20 new programming problems and projects, most involving processes, threads, process synchronization, and memory management. Some involve adding kernel modules to the Linux system.
The Ninth Edition of this respected text continues to present students with real-world operating systems to illustrate fundamental operating concepts. Students are able to bridge the gap between concepts and actual implementations by learning a solid theoretical foundation of operating systems.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
Calculate your Mortgage Loan using this mortgage calculator. It's important to calculate mortgage monthly amortization payment to know how much you can afford for investing house & lot, car or other loans. read more »
TRAIN Law Tax Calculator to allow individuals to have an idea on how much their monthly salary deduction of withholding tax, sss, pagibig, philhealth contribution and salary net pay. read more »
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has circularized the Revised Withholding Tax Table which should be used in computing tax withheld on every payment of employee compensation. The Table is effective from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022. Under the TRAIN law, there will be revised rates of the individual income tax effective on January 1, 2023. read more »
HRMS Employee Data Entry is a process to capture employee’s information data and documents. Pinoy Web Application create basic data entry form how to gather employee's data in Personal Details, Job Information, Allowance and 201 Files that manageable and easy to access or retrieve information. read more »
Employee’s payslips are automatically available on every employee dashboard account after completing all task processing in payroll module requirement. Pinoy web application enables employees to access all pay period payslip remotely, anywhere in the world and download anytime as needed. read more »