AUTHOR: Stephen Samuel; Stefan Bocutiu
ISBN-10: 1787126366; ISBN-13: 978-1787126367
Familiarize yourself with all of Kotlin's features with this in-depth guide
* Get a thorough introduction to Kotlin
* Learn to use Java code alongside Kotlin without any hiccups
* Gain a complete overview of null safety, Generics, and many more interesting features
Kotlin has been making waves ever since it was open sourced by JetBrains in 2011; it has been praised by developers across the world and is already being adopted by companies.
This book provides a detailed introduction to Kotlin that shows you all its features and will enable you to write Kotlin code to production. We start with the basics: get you familiar with running Kotlin code, setting up, tools, and instructions that you can use to write basic programs. Next, we cover object oriented code: functions, lambdas, and properties - all while using Kotlin's new features. Then, we move on to null safety aspects and type parameterization. We show you how to destructure expressions and even write your own. We also take you through important topics like testing, concurrency, microservices, and a whole lot more. By the end of this book you will be able to compose different services and build your own applications.
What you will learn
* Use new features to write structured and readable object-oriented code
* Find out how to use lambdas and higher order functions to write clean, reusable, and simple code
* Write unit tests and integrate Kotlin tests with Java code in a transitioning code base
* Write real-world production code in Kotlin in the style of microservices
* Leverage Kotlin's extensions to the Java collections library
* Use destructuring expressions and find out how to write your own
* Write code that avoids null pointer errors and see how Java-nullable code can integrate with features in a Kotlin codebase
* Discover how to write functions in Kotlin, see the new features available, and extend existing libraries
Who This Book Is For
The book is for existing Java developers who want to learn more about an alternative JVM language. If you want to see what Kotlin has to offer, this book is ideal for you.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
Calculate your Mortgage Loan using this mortgage calculator. It's important to calculate mortgage monthly amortization payment to know how much you can afford for investing house & lot, car or other loans. read more »
TRAIN Law Tax Calculator to allow individuals to have an idea on how much their monthly salary deduction of withholding tax, sss, pagibig, philhealth contribution and salary net pay. read more »
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has circularized the Revised Withholding Tax Table which should be used in computing tax withheld on every payment of employee compensation. The Table is effective from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022. Under the TRAIN law, there will be revised rates of the individual income tax effective on January 1, 2023. read more »
HRMS Employee Data Entry is a process to capture employee’s information data and documents. Pinoy Web Application create basic data entry form how to gather employee's data in Personal Details, Job Information, Allowance and 201 Files that manageable and easy to access or retrieve information. read more »
Employee’s payslips are automatically available on every employee dashboard account after completing all task processing in payroll module requirement. Pinoy web application enables employees to access all pay period payslip remotely, anywhere in the world and download anytime as needed. read more »