PUBLISHER: O'Reilly Media
ISBN-10: 0596805527; ISBN-13: 978-0596805524
—Andrew Hedges, Tapulous
From the Author
My 10 Favorite Examples from this Book
These are ten of my favorites from the book. Note that many of these use new features of ES5 or of HTML5, and will only work in the newest browsers:
3) Example 9-16 defines a class hierarchy of abstract and concrete Set classes. This one is a favorite because it involves data types and API design. Chapter 9 includes a number of other Set examples, too.
4) Example 9-23 demonstrates the ES5 Object.defineProperty() method and defines a convenient way to inspect and modify the attributes of the properties of an object. It may not be practical, but I think it is a beautiful hack.
5) Example 15-10 is a simple stream-like API wrapped around the innerHTML property of an element. When you're generating text (a table, for example) for display it is sometimes easier to pass each chunk that you compute to a write() method than it is to concatenate it all together and set it on innerHTML.
6) Example 21-03 is an analog clock implemented as an SVG graphic with scriptable hands. I love client-side graphics, and this is a favorite of mine because making the hands rotate is so simple with SVG transforms.
7) Example 21-06 draws a fractal Koch snowflake using the <canvas> tag. I like it because it draws the same line over and over again, but uses transformations to make the line appear at different locations, orientations and sizes.
8) Example 21-13 is another graphical example: it draws sparklines (edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001OR). This one is a favorite just because sparklines are so cool.
9) Example 22-1 uses the HTML5 geolocation API to find out where you are then uses the Google Maps API to obtain a static map of your location. I like it because geolocation (via wifi networks) is just pure magic!
10) Example 22-15 is a long example that demonstrates the IndexedDB API. I like it because the idea of a client-side database in a web browser is crazy and cool. This one is really cutting-edge, but if you're running Firefox 4, you can try it out here: davidflanagan.com/demos/zipcodes.html
Generating annual report of BIR Alphalist contains a history of employee with previous tax deduction to consolidate it for yearly tax computation. Pinoy Web Application have a tools to input employee newly hired with previous employer within the year that covered of annual tax report that system automatic get the additional information during the processing of a year end alphalist tax schedule 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 & 7.5. read more »
Free tools of BIR Alphalist excel report type schedule 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 that convert to BIR DAT File format generated by BIR Alphalist Data Entry Application version 6.0. Easy to use... try this web application tools for alphalist .dat file conversion. read more »
Today, it’s already possible to apply SS number online in the Philippines. SSS government agency evolve their technology to help filipino people accommodate in a fastest way using online registration in get temporary SS number before going to the nearest SSS Branch to get permanent SS Number. read more »
If you need to know how to get National Statistics Office (NSO) certified documents such as birth certificate, marriage, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) in the Philippines, there’s no need to queue to your local Census Office because it now available online request in www.psaserbilis.com.ph website. read more »
Most companies provide employee's loans for SSS and Pagibig member, Bank loan, Company salary loan or cash advance etc. Pinoy Web Application create a flexible loan data entry module that can connect to payroll process to deduct automatic to their salary for every pay period, until the loan is zero balance. read more »
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.