Build scalable and extendable web applications using the Agile MVC framework
* Increase reusability and empower the delivery of more complex design patterns by extending the MVC concept
* Build an editable web interface
* Extend Catalyst through plugins
* Plenty of examples with detailed walkthroughs to create sample applications
* Updated for the latest version, Catalyst 5.8
Many web applications are implemented in a way that makes developing them difficult and repetitive. Catalyst is an open source Perl-based Model-View-Controller framework that aims to solve this problem by reorganizing your web application to design and implement it in a natural, maintainable, and testable manner, making web development fun, fast, and rewarding.
This book teaches you how to use Catalyst to weave the various components involved in a web application, using methods and tools you personally prefer along with recommendations and details on the most popularly used objects like the DBIX ORM, TT2 Template, and Moose.
This book will take you from how the MVC pattern simplifies creating quality applications to how Catalyst allows you to tap this power instantly. It explains advanced design patterns and concludes with the improvements that Moose brings to all this. It also incorporates valuable suggestions and feedback received from the community members and our customers. By the end of the book, you will be able to build clean, scalable, and extendable web applications. This book embodies Catalyst's philosophies of Do It Yourself and Don't Repeat Yourself.
Design, develop, test, and deploy applications rapidly with the open source MVC Catalyst framework
What you will learn from this book
* Use the Template toolkit to generate HTML output
* Design a database schema and access a SQLite database
* Create a CRUD interface to a database
* Use FormBuilder to define auto-generating and self-validating forms
* Create easy-to-maintain configuration files
* Import CSV files into a database
* Paginate search results
* Use the session plugin to add sessions to an application
* Explore authentication and authorization, implementing page-level and record-level control
* Use DBIC for easy handling of data
* Add a REST API to allow other applications to access your application
* Add AJAX interactivity to your application
* Incorporate RSS feeds in your application
* Automate testing and learn "Test-Driven Development"
* Mix a procedural interface with a relational DBIx::Class interface
* Write a database interface without DBIx::Class
* Build a custom Model without using any database
The book is written in an exploratory style: try something and then understand how it works. It will guide you through the features of Catalyst using real-world examples and systematic code snippets.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Perl Developer and want to strengthen your skill by understanding Web Application development using MVC principles, then this book is for you.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
List of application module that currently available in Online HRMS & Payroll System to be used by designated user assigned by Web Administrator. read more »
Payroll processing performs many tasks to ensure accurate deduction of tax, loans & mandatory contribution of SSS, Philhealth, Pagibig and others deduction. Pinoy Web Application designed for automation of process to avoid padding of time or eliminate fraud most of all the payroll output in a minutes. read more »
Preparation of Annual Income Tax Return for all employee's BIR Form 2316 in manual process are so complicated and can caused a human errors in also take a lot of time to finished. read more »
Using DTR Biometric Finger Scanner application system time-in/time-out we create module process to generate Timesheet for every employee. Before generating employee timesheet cut-off date make it sure that all pending approval of leave & overtime covered on that payroll cut-off date that filed by the employee’s should be approved by designated department. The report monitoring status of Leave & Overtime will help you to identify head department with pending approval to prompt them to approve. read more »
Digital Persona U.are.U 4500 Finger Print Reader is my Software Development Kit (SDK) used in development of Daily Time Records (DTR) Attendance System which is designed to captures the time-in / time-out logs for every employee's and also we embed text to speech features... need speaker to prompt the user what is going on. Most of company today are now using Biometric fingerprint authentication to be used in time attendance that accurately and timely tracked for management reporting and also for accounting payroll processing. read more »