Build scalable and extendable web applications using the Agile MVC framework
* Increase reusability and empower the delivery of more complex design patterns by extending the MVC concept
* Build an editable web interface
* Extend Catalyst through plugins
* Plenty of examples with detailed walkthroughs to create sample applications
* Updated for the latest version, Catalyst 5.8
Many web applications are implemented in a way that makes developing them difficult and repetitive. Catalyst is an open source Perl-based Model-View-Controller framework that aims to solve this problem by reorganizing your web application to design and implement it in a natural, maintainable, and testable manner, making web development fun, fast, and rewarding.
This book teaches you how to use Catalyst to weave the various components involved in a web application, using methods and tools you personally prefer along with recommendations and details on the most popularly used objects like the DBIX ORM, TT2 Template, and Moose.
This book will take you from how the MVC pattern simplifies creating quality applications to how Catalyst allows you to tap this power instantly. It explains advanced design patterns and concludes with the improvements that Moose brings to all this. It also incorporates valuable suggestions and feedback received from the community members and our customers. By the end of the book, you will be able to build clean, scalable, and extendable web applications. This book embodies Catalyst's philosophies of Do It Yourself and Don't Repeat Yourself.
Design, develop, test, and deploy applications rapidly with the open source MVC Catalyst framework
What you will learn from this book
* Use the Template toolkit to generate HTML output
* Design a database schema and access a SQLite database
* Create a CRUD interface to a database
* Use FormBuilder to define auto-generating and self-validating forms
* Create easy-to-maintain configuration files
* Import CSV files into a database
* Paginate search results
* Use the session plugin to add sessions to an application
* Explore authentication and authorization, implementing page-level and record-level control
* Use DBIC for easy handling of data
* Add a REST API to allow other applications to access your application
* Add AJAX interactivity to your application
* Incorporate RSS feeds in your application
* Automate testing and learn "Test-Driven Development"
* Mix a procedural interface with a relational DBIx::Class interface
* Write a database interface without DBIx::Class
* Build a custom Model without using any database
The book is written in an exploratory style: try something and then understand how it works. It will guide you through the features of Catalyst using real-world examples and systematic code snippets.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Perl Developer and want to strengthen your skill by understanding Web Application development using MVC principles, then this book is for you.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
Online Overtime module allows employee to enter the overtime worked on particular days and request authorization must be applied on their respective login account available for every employee's dashboard. read more »
Online leave management using Pinoy Web Application is the simple way to file a leave of absence with pay. By automating leave approval process can eliminate unexcused absences without filling of leave. Employee self-service dashboard account have an easy interface to apply and view leave request status. The online staff leave planner allows administrators to set up employee information and leave types and policies easily. read more »
Pinoy web application payroll register is a data process that all lists of total information for every pay period upon approved by payroll approver before saving to the payroll register like total gross pay, total overtime, total allowances, total of each type of deduction, and total net pay. The computation for each individual employee like gross pay, net pay, withholding tax, overtime pay and other deduction amount seen in payslip report are stored in database table payroll register. read more »
Calculate your Mortgage Loan using this mortgage calculator. It's important to calculate mortgage monthly amortization payment to know how much you can afford for investing house & lot, car or other loans. read more »
TRAIN Law Tax Calculator to allow individuals to have an idea on how much their monthly salary deduction of withholding tax, sss, pagibig, philhealth contribution and salary net pay. read more »